Monday, October 4, 2010

Windows Phone 7 - xbmc remote control development

I have been a big fan of xbmc http://xbmc.org (an open source media center software) and really likes the power and flexibility it provides. I also was excited about all the buzz of Windows phone 7 launched and wanted to try building app for this awesome phone. Considering the development platform for WP7 is silverlight, and I have bunch of experience using silverlight and .NET, I decide to write a remote control application for xbmc.

I initially hoped to do collaboration with one other developer on xbmc, but he decide to do his own development and then I had to take on the challenge myself and start building the app independently. It was a nice experience so far as building app for WP7 is really fun.

Below are some of the screen shots from my recent work. This is work in progress so more will come soon. Also I expect to learn and share few tips & tricks as this project moves forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment